Monday, April 14, 2008

My surprise date...

So, last Friday there was the poem above, and an overnight bag left in my car(by the way, the overnight bag he packed included a "nicer" outfit I am wearing that was dirty on the floor worn previously in the week, pj's, and a swimsutit top with a one piece! I had to laugh!) Josh has always been really good at wowing me and doing cute things. I must say, like most boys, he was way better when we were dating, engaged and first married. However, every once in a while he brings back the charm. Back to my story...so I read the poem, and followed the directions anxiously. I met at his parents house where he was waiting with HIS dream car. He was more excited about this part than I was...I still thought it was pretty cool.
We headed downtown to go to dinner at the Melting Pot. I am still drooling thinking about the dessert. Don't get me wrong, the whole meal was amazing, but the dessert was my favorite. If you get a chance to go there anytime soon get the Bananas Foster Chocolate Fondue! YUMMY!
From dinner, we took advantage of our temporary car and drove around the houses in the Avenues and then headed to the Hilton hotel, where we were upgraded to stay on the Executive Level. We went down to the pool, watched T.V. etc. It was a fun night! My husband is so thoughtful! I love him so much and am grateful that he still likes to impress me. I wish I was better at doing things for him...I need to work on that! The rest of the weekend was spent in the sun...I am so excited about this great weather!

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

i like how josh was so proud of packing your bag "just right" even though he got an outfit off the floor and half a swimsuit. haha, what a cutie but what a guy! that was so sweet of him.

Taylor Family said...

So sweet! I wish Jake did stuff like that! I'm super jealous!

brookelovesjay said...

wow! was this something he did just because? i'm with kim on this one, i am very jealous!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

What a good man you have. It's good that you two are taking little getaways for yourself now before the baby comes. By the way Megan, you look so beautiful.

The Mahas Family said...

Meg, I feel so bad that I was complaining your ear off today and didn't even hear about your FUN weekend! What a cutie, that Josh!

Sarah said...

That is so cute! I love surprises like that! But we all know Jack is like you and I am like Josh so usually I am doing the surprising!ah....someday. By the way you are looking really good! not long to go now!

JRC said...

I'm still laughing what he packed in your bag but that's what makes the whole thing better. You were probably missing half the stuff you would have wanted but the thought is so CUTE!!! I remember at SUU you guys use to write poems to each other all the time. How cute was he to plan a fun date just because. I don't get this kind of thought for my birthday or anniversaries.

Mich and Nate said...

Hey girlfriend!!! I miss you! I am so excited you are having a baby. You gotta tell me how you know my bro, that crazy. well your blog is way cute. tell josh hi!
love Mich

Lisa said...

JOSH good JOB!! yes, I totally remember Megan being so excited to get all of your adorable poems and of course you made all the other boyfriends look lame!! haahaa! looks like you guys had a fun time. megs you look GREAT!!

Ames Family said...

Soounds like such a fun suprise! I love the melting pot dessert, to die for. I wasn't that huge fan of the meat, though. I prefer my steak grilled I guess. Looooove the dessert. Yummy. You look so darling!