Saturday, January 9, 2010

10 Things Husbands Should Never Do

Yahoo featured this article the other day. It had me laughing because some of these are so relevant to my marriage...probably relevant to most of your marriages too! These were some of my favorites...

"Guys, we love you, we really do. But as wonderful as you are, every so often you do something that makes us want to jump out the nearest window (or push you out first). Please, please, don’t ever…

1. Offer to “babysit” your own kids. When your 16-year-old neighbor does it, it’s called babysitting. When a parent does it, it’s called child care, and it lasts for at least 18 years. Get it?
2. Imply that office work is harder than housework. At the end of a hard day, there may be smoke coming out of your ears, but let’s face it: You’ve basically been sitting on your butt. That same smoke is coming out of our ears too—but we’ve cleaned the house, shuttled the kids around, run errands all over town and lugged grocery bags besides. When we say we’re exhausted, we are exhausted.
10. Expect a medal for doing a little housework. Umm…it’s your house too, right? For now, we’ll give you the bronze. Maybe someday, if you work hard enough, you can pick up a gold.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Oh Yeah! I read that the other day too and totally related!!

LaCee said...

So Funny! Chris was standing over my shoulder while I was reading this and he says... "Shoot, I know I did at least one of these." I'm pretty sure it's all three:) Haha. It's funny how husbands are so different yet so alike. Gotta love em!

Lisa said...

I love it!! You should post the whole list!!

Rick and Lindsay said...

That was great, and it is so true. I tell Rick that if he had a week in my shoes he would be begging to go back to the office! Thanks Megs.

Taylor Family said...

WOW! This is soooo true!

30somethingmama said...

Oh my goodness this is so incredibly true and had me laughing do you have the link to the whole article? I would love to read it! Hope you all are doing well!

Warner said...

okay... so we should totally do one together (a race)!! how fun would that be :) maybe we should look into the disneyland 1/2.... that would be pretty fun! don't know when it is though? when do you think you will get prego again!?... so exciting :)

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

That's so funny. Love the last one, because medal is really sex for them. Are you going to be in so cal for maddie's bday party? I hope so cause we'll be there. I hope so, I miss you and want to see that cute little one.

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Thanks for the great laugh! i agree totally. Funny but TRUE!