Monday, December 8, 2008

Belated Thanksgiving...


Before I update you on our amazing Thanksgiving, I wanted to include a little photo shoot of my 4 1/2 month old...why is it that whenever I try to take her picture I get the face she is making in the top picture? She is not interested in the noises, songs, dances I do to try to get her to smile...she is only interested in the flash/silver camera, and her favorite blanket. I swear she is the most smiley baby out there, I just need someone to help me distract her!

We went to California for Thanksgiving. I only took 3 pictures. Bummer! It was so much fun and the weather was to die for. There is nothing better then Josh spending 5 uninterrupted days with us. Thanksgiving morning we ran a 5k. Did I say ran? Maybe Josh did, but I walked most of it! I am so out of shape! Josh then went Jet-skiing and after we had Thanksgiving dinner. No wonder I am so out of shape...it was yummy.

The rest of our time was spent hanging out with the family, both mine and Josh's, celebrating my Birthday and playing with our baby girl!
Funny story...Josh's mom, aunt and I were shopping in Santa Monica with Savannah on me in the front carrier. I guess women in CA aren't around babies very often because over 15 people stopped to look at her. They especially wanted to know how I got that bow to stick to her bald head. I made comment after the 3rd person stopped me, but by the 20th we were laughing so hard. It was like she had never been out in public before. Babies in Utah just aren't that special I guess!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for everything we have...now on to Christmas...can't wait!

7 comments:

Taylor Family said...

And her favorite blankie is the one I gave her right? ;)

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Good job on the 5K.. you look great!
Savannah is so cute... I know what you mean about the weird head shots, Corbin is the same way!

the Chidesters said...

Congrats on the 5k! Are you kidding me? I've dreamed of trying something like that, but it probably won't happen in my lifetime. I don't think I've really ran since cross-country as a high school freshman! You guys are such a cute family!

clarkfamblog said...

I remember when you killed the St. George Marathon. Shoot...a 5k is nothing for you, eh? Just kidding.. I'd get out of breath just walking to the registration desk to check in and pick up that cool t-shirt. (It really is cool...do you think if I borrowed it I could pass off that I was a 5k'er.) Josh is cute, Savannah is adorable and you are one hot mama! See ya over the holidays...I hope.

Maren said...

Savannah is so cute! Did Ethan run the 5k with you guys?? That's awesome if he did! And next time you feel like Thai curry and want to come down the mountain, just let me know, I'm always looking for people to experiment on! ;P

Angela said...

I'm glad you found me!! It's fun reading about your family! We're you shopping on 3rd Street Promenade? That's my old neighborhood!! Just wait 'til you go to Santa Monica with three kids... people are astounded that someone would have more than 2!

DeLaina said...

That's funny about all the comments on Savannah. When we lived in Ohio, it was the same thing. There are just so many kids in UT that you're right, it's not as special as it should be!