Friday, June 15, 2012

Big Cottonwood Canyon

Last weekend we went up into the mountains with some friends for a dinner and some smores. We had a great time, as we always do with these friends. We get together often and always have a blast. Good conversation, great food, a lot of laughs and just a good time. We would get together every week if we could and always look forward to seeing each other.

We had tin foil dinners...



Jack & Sarah



Harry and Everett...Jane missed the picture Reel.



Pete & Bekah




Andy, Liz and Archie



A few weeks back Sarah Roberts posted a blog about Life Friends. I am going to borrow her saying and second her entry about life friends so its on record.

These friends are life friends!! We love them very much. A quick recap for journal sake

Jack Roberts! I met Jack in eight grade band class. Yeah, band class of all places is where our friendship started. We played the freaking trumpet. Jack and I have novels of stories. That guy knows me about as much as Megan does. We were probably suppose to be brothers. I am a much better person in all areas of my life because of Jack. Our friendship has been one steady ride since the eight grade. We will be best bro's forever. Except I just found out this last weekend Sarah's mom deleted my "best man comments" at their wedding dinner from their wedding video! Disgusting...She is lucky she hasn't been struck by lightning yet for doing so! He married Sarah...she is a babe! Grateful our wives get along so well. They have 3 great kids.


Peter! Peter and I are a lot a like. We met in college our freshman year. I don't know how we became life friends, but we have. Something about that freshman year in college cemented our friendship. Even though we became better friends our sophomore year of college after our mission. Pete likes all the things I like. Our wives have helped make our friendship life long as well. Bekah is great and they have a little girl named Dali. We have a lot of fun with them.

Andy is always fun to hang out with. He is really funny. We became friends in 9th grade and were good friends all though high school. He's hard to convince...and I have tried to sell this guy on things since he ran track with us our Junior year and wouldn't be caught dead doing it his senior year. I tried my best with Andy. Liz is the best thing that every happened to Andy and he would most definitely agree. We have some great memories, and could spend all day recapping the glory days.

It will be fun watching our families grow up. Someday I am sure Jack, Pete and I will be grumpy old men on a fishing boat talking about the good old days.



And now the pretty ones!











4 comments:

Lisa said...

Josh! I love that you can call another guys wife a babe and its totally legit. Love that. Also, I want to be life friends. Move here so we can work on that more.

Vicky said...

You have a leisure life, and i like to go out with my friends, it is wonderful to enjoy the happy time with friends!

phonixsmith said...

Very interesting experience, thank you for sharing!
formal wedding dresses

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Helm, this is Peter. Just wanted to tell you how awesome I think it is that you have taken over the family blog. I admire you man. Thanks for saying those nice things about our family. Its true, we will all be golfing til we are old and love reminiscing about how amazing our lives are. Glad to see you are staying on this, Ill look forward to reading it.