Friday, March 25, 2011

SO. CAL

*I've taken a break from blogging because I finally published it last month. I love my blog book. Publishing it has made me want to be a better blogger. I want to tell stories and show details for my kids and not just jot down main ideas. I'm going to be better this year and really make this a personal history of our family!

Sav and I spent the 1st 2 weeks of March in California! We had a great time as always, except for her random nights of sleep she kept pulling on me! The day we left she was up & at em' at 6 am! She did not even nap that day! There was one night where she was up from 2am to 8am! Sav is the best sleeper, so i don't know what her deal was. Luckily she had a few good nights that made up for our lack of sleep.
One more funny sleep story...I had put her down at my parents house for the night & my dad was to listen for her, while my mom and I went to get my sister & her husband from the airport(they had been in Hawaii for a week)Well, we get back at 1 am and Sav is wide awake sitting there on the couch and my dad is peacefully sleeping in his bed! We were so confused...who knows how long she had been sitting there for! She had a stack of books and a bowl of cheerios to entertain her. When we walked in she said, "Mama, you back?" So that was another late night and she still didn't sleep in! Good thing we didn't find her outside by the cliff my parents live on!
Anyway, Sav loved playing with her cousins & being entertained all day, every day! It was so nice to be able to wear flip flops, walk to the park, and go swimming! Josh flew down and met us the last weekend. We wanted to take Sav to Disneyland before the baby came. We went on a Thursday and it was perfect! The sun was out but the crowds were not. We got there at 10:30 and were done by 5! The longest line we had to wait in was to see the princesses. Sav loved it. She got shy but it made her day. There are always 3 princesses there but they rotate...after waiting over an hour we saw Mulan, Jasmine & Belle. Mulan? Really? We were disappointed because while we were waiting we snuck a peek and saw Cinderella, Savs favorite! Anyway, the Nemo Submarine ride was the next longest line @ about 25 mins. Josh waited while Sav and I went to the bathroom. Well, right before we got on the submarine Sav decided to stand there and pee her pants!! Do you think that stopped us from getting on? NOPE! Gross, huh?! If I saw that happen with another family I would have freaked out but we just couldn't for go the ride and not get on! I think Sav had a fun day. She was scared of all the stuffed characters...which worked out in our favor because we didn't have to wait in line to see them. We would just watch them from afar and that was good enough for her! We left the park, got dinner and went home!
The rest of the weekend we swam, went to Irvine Park,the beach and hit up some of our favorite restaurants! I wasn't exactly excited to come home because I knew we would be very busy with moving! yes, MOVING! We closed on our house and have to be out by the 1st of April. A post is coming very soon about that!















1 comment:

Warner said...

that mini megan is so dang cute!!! i want to see her in person! do you realize the only time i have actually met her is when she was an itty bitty baby?!!! and your moving?! fun! can't wait to hear more about that one... are you going to move into the house that just foreclosed across the street from me :) it's sunny almost all year long!!! and you would be closer to the happiest place on earth and a friend across the street who would drive to cali with you frequently :) i know.... it's tempting :)