Sunday, March 27, 2011

Goodbye, Suncrest...

Hello DAYBREAK!!

In July we decided to short sale our house. It was on the market in August. We owed way more than it was worth on it and didn't love our house. We didn't want to put any more money into it(finishing the basement) because we already owed too much. We feel like we would have had to stay in it for another 5-10 years before we could sell it for what we owed. It was a hard decision because we love our friends/church and we didn't want to loose our credit. But we went for it anyway. We knew it would be a long process so it wasn't a big deal. However, the process is over and we are moving! It still hasn't hit me and we move this week! So here is the other part of the story...

We got a few offers submitted to the bank. The people with the higher offer called us to see if we would rent the house back from then till the end of the school year! PERFECT! It gave us a firm deadline & lots of time to figure out what we would do next. I planned my life as if we were moving the end of May. We turned down a cheap house to rent in our neighborhood...in the best culdesac. I planned a 2 week vacation to CA in March. Booked Girls Camp to be at my parents cabin. I signed Sav up for a tumbling class in the neighborhood through May, etc. etc. etc. It was time for the house to close & the people changed their minds. They would let us rent it for 1 month. We closed March 1st. Have to be out by April 1st. Going to CA the 1st 2 weeks of March. Great!! I cried. I could have said yes to that cheap house. How could I leave my neighborhood in a months notice? How could I have my house packed up and find somewhere to live when I was going to be in CA? Of course, everything has worked out. We searched for something in the neighborhood but nothing came up. It sounded nice, while we had to rent, to just stay in our neighborhood for 1 or 2 years. Then it wouldn't have been that big of a move or change for us. Our next choice was Daybreak, a master planned communtity, 25 mins west of Sucrest. When we were looking to buy we thought we would love Daybreak so we decided to rent there & see how we like it. We looked at a couple of houses and decided to go with this one...



Pictures from KSL.com. I didn't want to show anymore pics because they had the other peoples furniture in it. I'll post more when we are moved in!

Pros...
+Great location. Walking Distance to the pool, parks, lake, temple, church, etc. +Almost brand new & was someones 2nd home so it has barely been lived in.
+Lots of kids...especially girls(what I was told by the friendly moms outside)
+A tad bigger (finished sq. feet) than what we are in now and a more normal, 2 story floor plan.
+3 minutes to a Target & other great shopping.
+I'm not uncomfortably pregnant & can still help with the move. Although, some days I feel like I am 9 months along!!
+We are debt free!

Cons...
+NO basement. Where are we supposed to throw all of our stuff?
+NO friends...yet!
+NO yard, well, a tiny cement side yard. (this could be a pro because its kind of nice to have a low maintenance house while renting!)
+Moving just flat out sucks!

I might add more to the list later. All in all, we are excited.
Once we got over the fact we couldn't stay in our neighborhood...we actually think this change will be good for us. I think we'll really like Daybreak!

Other side notes...

+Josh also had to move his business this month & luckily moved to a bigger place with warehouse space...which now seconds as our storage unit. Funny enough, Mark & Racquel(business partner) had to move this month too and needed somewhere to put all their stuff!

+This move also means Sav will get a big girl bed! We'll see how that goes!!

6 comments:

brookelovesjay said...

Cute house!! So jealous you have double ovens-your kitchen is way better than ours! And nice to be debt free-wish I could say the same-we aren't even close! Good luck with the move!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I love the new place... I can't wait to take the tour. I have to say I want the double oven too that is a nice perk. Its funny that we are always doing things at the same time; moving, having kids, buying cars, getting married.

Rick and Lindsay said...

Your new place looks great and you will love those double ovens ;) ...You are so close to me, we should totally get together sometime and let the girls play!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

MEGAN!! Im so sorry I never called you back!! You were so great to call me right away, and then i never called you. Things with the insurance were so crazy there for aobut 3 weeks, it was AWFUL!!! But i will tell you...after a long month of LOTS of hard work, appeals, long phone calls etc...we were able to get reinstated!! YIPEE! So, again thank you for calling and Im so sorry I was a slacker and did not call you back! I hope you are feeling well with this pregnancy...and how excited to move upto Daybreak...i love it up there :) The houses are so fun! Good luck with everything, and maybe one day after this baby is born, I will see you again :)

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Yay for new adventures! Now you can add to your pros list by adding the fact that you are closer to us! We go there all the time lets hang out! Love the house so cute!

Lisa said...

oh wow! You have been so busy!! I hope you like your new house. looks cute. Barry and I were just talking about a short sale too but the renting market is so high here in az it would not make sense. So instead I am remodeling the kitchen and living room. haahaa