Thursday, August 21, 2008

ONE MONTH!!


Our baby girl is 1 month old today! This has been the hardest, fastest, slowest, most life changing, rewarding, exhausting and crazy month of my life! I think I finally am getting a hang of this stay at home mom thing, well sort of. If one thing, being a mom has made me way more emotional/sensitive/spiritual. I think it's not only because of my new little spirit, but because of all the time I have to ponder. I have also had to give up my stubbornness and rely on my Heavenly Father more than ever. I want to quote part of an amazing post I read from a fellow blogger that helped me after a particularly crazy day.

"...And for my own load, I am grateful. I don't wish to carry it-and sometimes I even resent it-but I see it is my own, and I will bear it with all the dignity and faith I can muster. And I can humbly testify that I don't carry it alone. I recognize that my Savior carries the greater part with me (and He sweetly sends me help through family and friends too), and I know that yoked with Him I am able to move through the mud, push up against the dirt and grow."

I wish I could write my thoughts as well as she can...I am extremely grateful for my many blessings, especially my new little family. Lets hope for many more great months to come!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know you had a baby--she is a cutie! I'll show Diego pics when he wakes up from his nap! Yeah babies arent supposed to go on cruises before 6 mths now but i guess they didn't start that until after we had booked it so they let him go and yes he cost almost as much as a person. The only reason he got to come was that he was "invited" by family !

30somethingmama said...

Hi Megan. I loved what your friend said and it definitely brings comfort. Savannah is so cute and I really wish we could have seen you guys when we were up there. It's crazy how you go through all of those 'first month' feelings, even with the second and third babies.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going good. It is pretty crazy for the first little bit, especially with the first. After having number two though I can say some of it gets easier and some of it gets harder, but you have the right idea, just put your trust in Heavenly Father.

Lisa said...

Megan! you are amazing! Call me or wait I'll call you.... when's a good time?

Ames Family said...

What a sweetheart! This is a darling post!

Kacy & Adam said...

I completely agree that the first month is a total adjustment for EVERYTHING!!! Hope things are smoother now and are working out the kinks! You look amazing and she is adorable. I'm totally jealous you have your babe...oh, and I adore that outfit, wink, wink!