Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Why I love going home...

I had a blast in California with my family...I could have stayed out there for weeks...actually probably forever! The weather was amazing and I stayed busy doing lots of fun things! Getting a pedicure is always on the top of my list when going down there because they are so cheap(well not so much this time) and you wear flip flops the whole time so you have to! I also love the frozen yogurt craze down there...yummy! You make your own and they charge you by the ounce. There is actually a place like that in SLC now too!
Of course I hung out with my nieces and nephews the whole time! We went to the pool 2 days in a row! I loved it! The pic below didn't turn out too well, but the sunsets are always great at my parents house.
I was on the baby gear hunt the whole time too! I don't think my baby girl is going to have furniture in her room. I have expensive taste, but am the biggest bargain shopper! I am just going to have to face the fact that I am not going to find the right crib and dresser for the right price. Any tips? Thanks for all the response about registering. I did that too in CA. It was not nearly as fun as registering for my wedding! I can't believe how much things cost! I feel like I am going to change my registry a bunch because I just can't make up my mind. Before we registered my family ate at BJ'S! My favorite place ever...barbecue chicken pizza...I'm drooling!
One of my favorite parts of the trip...my diaper bag purchase! Many of you have heard of Ju-Ju-Be Diaper bags... Check out their website if you haven't! My moms bishop invented/founded the company so I got to go and pick out my bag from their garage! It's always hard to find the one you want because you can't buy them straight from the website, so I was so happy when he invited me over to get one(well, I invited myself!) I got an amazing deal and I love it!


Why do I live in Utah again...someone please remind me?

7 comments:

Taylor Family said...

SHUT UP! You know the owners of Ju-Ju-Be Diaper bags!? AND that is a picture from your parents house? Right on the beach!? What the crap? Ano no, I never laughed at your joke about reading that book because I never read it. Did you really read it? I must have been feeling ambitous at the moment or something. Also, I am bring Lindsey back to bunco. (remember my friend who had to drop out because she was preggers?) Well, everyone needs to be super nice because she is a little sensitive aka postpartum lately. Thanks girl! See you thursday!

Ames Family said...

Megs I love my Ju-Ju-Be! I have the massove twin one, it the same print as yours but purple. I am totally confused because a friend of my sister's, Amy Naylor, her in laws apparently started JU-Ju Be?? Is that right? Maybe they are just high up in the company? Anyway, you will love it.

Josh n' Joni said...

If I remember correctly, the first official pedicure that I got was with you in Cali. I definitely agree with you on having to get one. I'm glad that you had a great trip. If you can't think of any good reasons that you live in Utah, count your blessings. . . You don't live in Kansas! Love ya.

Lindsay said...

We had a blast with you and wonder ourselves why you live in Utah.

The Mahas Family said...

BJ's is pretty much the best place ever. Thanks for reminding me of why I love Laguna!! I need to visit soon (: I'm so glad that you loved your trip

JRC said...

Umm...because we would miss you if you moved back to california. Plus traffic sucks and its too expensive to live miss bargin shopper. Guess Utah is the place for you!!!

The Drawes said...

I miss you!! When do we get to visit you and your pregnant self?!