Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby #2

I haven't written one thing about this little person growing in me! I figured I'd better document some things now before it gets even later!

*I'm 18 weeks along, my due date is July 6th. That will make this baby and Sav almost exactly 3 years apart!
*We find out what I'm having on Valentines Day! Either way I'll be happy...a sister for Sav or a boy to even out the score!
*I'm starting to show, but am still in the fat stage.
*I changed doctors for insurance purposes. We actually don't have maternity coverage, so we went with the cheaper hospital, St. Marks. We do have supplemental plans, which helps.
*My Dr's. name is Kat Miller. She is a midwife. Her partner physician will preform my c-section and she will assist him. I chose a midwife because I knew she would be more understanding towards a v-bac. Though I am thinking positively, I don't have my hopes up for a vbac...I just wanted it to be an option just in case things happened perfectly. I know a 2nd c-section will be much easier than the 1st and that I will be much more prepared for it!
*I have had way more symptoms with this pregnancy compared to my 1st. With Sav, I didn't have one symptom the whole time...I went 9 days over, still feeling great! This time around, I definitely went through the nausea/tired stage. Luckily I've snapped out of it because I was in a real funk for a little bit. I really can't complain though...most have it lots worse!
*Josh and I are not newborn people! We knew we wanted more kids and didn't want them more than 3 years apart, so we just went for it! I am so nervous for the 1st 6 months. I didn't adjust very well to being a mom, so I am hoping that I will handle it much better the 2nd time around. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, just a little more anxious! One thing that calms my nerves is how much Sav LOVES babies. She pretends to be a little mommy all day long! She loves her dolls and mimics every little thing that I do. Real live babies are even more fun for her :) I know she'll be the best big sister, even if she has to go through an adjustment period herself! She thinks she has a baby in her tummy too!

Anyway, there are some thoughts. I will post a baby bump picture soon! I'm going to publish my blog next week and I didn't want this kid to think I didn't care about them!!

8 comments:

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley said...

My siblings and I were all born at St Mark's hospital, I think because it was so close to my grandparents! good luck and congrats!

Lisa said...

I love you pregnant! you are the cutest. I Can't wait! wink

Warner said...

so where is our picture of the cute mommy's belly?!! can't wait to hear what you are having!!! yay!

the Chidesters said...

I was able to have a vbac, twice, and now I couldn't choose one way over the other! Hope all goes well, and 3 years is just about perfect spacing! Congrats!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Megan congrats! I guess we are on the same timing for having kids. Now we should just get them together sometime. So I had Georgia at St. Marks and I loved it. I have even considered going back there for the birth of this next one cause I am scared of the hospitals here in NY. I can't wait to see what your having keep everyone updated.

JRC said...

In my opinion your prospective changes so much when its your second. You enjoy the baby stage so much more because you've got your first child to prove how fast it goes. And...you realize that the baby is way easier to take care of than a mischievous 3 yr old!! You'll do great!!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

I agree with the last comment. It is going to be awesome to have a new little baby. I love the newborns... so I'm up for spending as much with that little one as needed.