Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One year ago...


I held Savannah for the very first time.
I had no idea what I was in for. At times I thought I was not cut out for the role of motherhood and that God trusted me WAY too much to raise this beautiful baby girl.
Little did I know that I would love someone the way I love her...That I would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for her...That I would find no greater joy than to raise a happy, healthy child.
Little did I know that a year would go by way to fast and this sweet baby of mine would be growing up right before my eyes.
There is nothing I would rather do than to be with Savannah all day. She makes me happy. She is perfect. She makes me want to be a better mom. There is nothing more fun than to watch her learn new things. Savannah is beautiful. Her eyes are beautiful and so is her smile. Her little personality is so funny. She's a sassy little girl who knows what she wants. She loves to sleep and eat. She loves to make messes. She loves to empty things. She loves to drop things. She loves her bath time with dad. She loves kids and dogs. We can't get enough of her and are so excited to see what this year has in store for this little one. Happy Birthday Savannah Kate!
WE LOVE YOU!

More on her B-Day week to come!

10 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

Wow, does 1 year fly or what? She's a doll!!

Lindsay said...

I can't believe how fast a year can go by. I should try harder to enjoy my state of life. Brent and I talked about what we were doing last year when you were in labor and he couldn't believe that was a whole year ago.

brookelovesjay said...

Aw that was so sweet, I even got a little teary-eyed! It's fun but really hard to watch them grow up so fast. I hope everything goes well with her party and that it's the best party ever!

Lisa said...

one year and I have never met her. SAD FACE!! I have got to get to utah!

Ashley said...

that was so beautiful! wow! already 1 yr! time flies by so fast! Happy Birthday baby girl! She is a gorgeous little girl! You are such a wonderful mother!!!

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH that made me tear up too... I love her so much, seriously from the 1st time I met her. YOu are such a sweet mom, she is sure a lucky girl.

John and Nicole Makoni said...

I can't believe Savannah is ONE. Time goes by too fast. We miss you guys! Looks like your little family is having a fun summer.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

I hope you had a great party! She's so dang cute!

J.C. & Tiana said...

Happy Birthday Savannah, you don't know this yet but you have a little friend Georgia (and her mom) who like to sneek a peek at you and see what your up to and how much you have grown.
Meg, she is so cute and I am convinced her and Georgia would be great friends (little sassy girls) they need to meet sometime.

P.S. I am glad were out in the open about blog stalking each other

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Has it seriously been a whole year already! Wow that went fast! I'm so happy for you guys! She is adorable! Love ya!